I was chatting with my Dad today and he made a really good point. The Bush administration is no longer in their sweet spot in terms of their expertise. Their expertise is winning elections. It is not leadership or government. They are not subject matter experts when it comes to governing. Thus, history will probably remember this administration as tough political adversaries but as complete incompetent failures when it comes to leadership.
The roll call of failures goes on and on, but just to name a few:
1. Bush at the helm for the worst attack on American soil in history.
2. Bush engaging in nation building in Iraq. A story that is not yet over but that can only be described as a complete and utter failure.
3. Bush illegally spying on the American people.
4. The Bush administration’s deadly and very public failure during Katrina.
5. Bush at worse lying and at best being completely misled about Iraq’s weapons of mass destruction capabilities.
These guys totally suck at this stuff, to the point that even rapid Republicans are starting to distance themselves from the aura of incompetence.
And we have 3 more years of this loser!